8.18.2008

starlit nights.

derek and i have season tickets to starlight this summer. it's super fun to me to have a revolving date like that. and we have a good time.

"the drowsy chaperone"
the first show of the season was pretty terrible. neither of us had ever heard of it before and we both hated it. there was no intermission, we're pretty sure because they were afraid people would have left.

"high school musical"
decent, but a little cheesy. i'd not seen the movie. derek had done the show for their fall musical last year, so he had quite a lot to say about the things they did or did not do.

"the music man"
pick a little, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little... derek couldn't go that week, so melodie came along with me. i think he was a little sad because he'd never seen it before. the only time i'd seen this show was when aunt ruth was in it for their community theater. it was great.

"fiddler on the roof"
last week, we decided to take kelsay and cody along with us. cody is leaving for college in a couple of days, and kelsay had always wanted to go. and we love double dates. :) derek had played the lead in high school and sang nearly every word to every song. i hadn't seen it before, and didn't really know the story. it was very good. and we looked pretty cute, even though it was freezing!! in the middle of AUGUST for goodness sake.



"les miserables"
happens in a few weeks. derek hasn't seen it, i love it. i'm excited! :)




isn't this the very absolute best t-shirt you've ever seen? i got it for derek's birthday, expecting that he would chuckle and then chuck it to the back of his closet... but he loves it. and he wore it on our very next date. :) too funny. too too funny. i love it.

16 comments:

Jen said...

Fun and I wish I could go! I LOVE theatre...any chance for another double date on Les Mis? Maybe Bob might have that night off and we could go???? Maybe??? Let me know...heart! Oh and yes, hysterical on the shirt choice!

Christy said...

Love the shirt! lol

gjlac said...

The shirt is great. I love the theater too, but prefer the indoors to the out so we go to the dinner theater. lol Good show reviews.

Clog Nana said...

Ehhh....What's up Doc?

I just thought of that this morning and thought you might not be too offended if I wrote it to you.

Love the t-shirt. Very nice.

I like the theatre too. I go with Stacy - Bob went to the Lion King because Todd had raved about it soooooo much. Abby loves it too. A little theatre goer.

Clog Nana said...

Can I be Aunt Ruthie. The other Aunt Ruth lives with Gloria.

Jen said...

I miss you. *sigh*

Jen said...

Time for an update please...since you have "free time" LoL! Love ya!

Clog Nana said...

Awake, awake my pretty little maid - out of your drowsy dreams. Come and satisfy our group with a little cup of cream. (blog that is, just like gold, comes along now and then.)

Jen said...

Until Thanksgiving I think Amanda is not going to blog...she is practically living at the hospital until that time...*sniff* Boo!

Clog Nana said...

Ramble more ace. I miss your wisdom and words. LOVE ya much.

Jen said...

Man, I miss your face

Jen said...

Hey, gonna update this bad boy or did you give up all together?

Clog Nana said...

Sorry I invaded your space. Hope you had a nice New Years celebration. I guess I am bummed about being alone again. Have a good one.

Clog Nana said...

Star light, star bright, will we hear from you tonight?

Jen said...

Are you done with this blog?

Clog Nana said...

This is a long season. You are in a drought for words or too busy with life?

Miss your words.

Over and out.